Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 44th President

Just like with all new things... I am kind of going over the top with the "blogging".... maybe it's normal to post twice a day.

Today I watched the inauguration of the 44th president of the United States. It is the first time I have ever watched an inauguration for 45 minutes. It was interesting to say the least. I was able to share this historical moment with 24, 5th graders, too. They were so cute and in awe of the whole thing. I thought it was important that they share in this moment in history, because some day they may want to know where they were....


Although I don't agree with President Obama on most issues, I have deep respect for someone willing to take on such a tremendously important job. Boundaries have now been crossed between colors and I can only hope that there will be less victimization because of it. Our country has taken a huge step into the 21st century by electing an African American as president. It is my hope that now we can start referring to people as Americans, period.

Our country is amazing in the fact that we elect our officials and that transfer of power is peaceful. We are beyond lucky that we live in such a free state. We can show our differences of opinions and no gunfire is needed. We may have differing opinions, but when push comes to shove people stand up for their country.

God bless America. God bless our new president. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment