Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Uncle Lynn


On Saturday we recieved some bad, no awful news. My uncle (my dad's brother), Lynn, had been killed in an accident. He was driving his trike (a motorcycle with 3 wheels) when a deer hit him and broke his neck immediately. It was a huge shock to everyone. At 52, he was invincible.


Although it has been almost 2 years since I had seen my uncle last, due to pregnancy and new baby, I still feel an empty hole in my chest. He was a man that loved life. He was happy, laughing, and loving. He rarely had a bad word to say about anyone and never took anything in life too seriously.


He always called me "Emmy", everytime. I never remember him calling me by my given name. When we were in Wisconsin visiting our grandparents, Uncle Lynn always came to breakfast. I remember his closeness with my grandparents and how much he loved them and took care of them. His love for the outdoors was another thing I will remember. While with Uncle Lynn we never were just sitting around watching TV, we were doing/planning something outside. His love for Old Milwakee beer was another attribute of his. He always brought his own Old Mill if he thought there might not be any. The love of his trikes will never be forgotten and the fact that he ended his life here on earth while riding one seems fitting. His brothers were his best friends. He spent a couple of days a week with Uncle Lyle and made time to spend with my dad as often as he came up to visit. They were outdoors men- with a project or activity always on the agenda. Lastly, his devotion to his daughter, Laurali. In every moment he was doing things to make her life the best that he could.


He was a loving and compassionate man who will be greatly missed by all that knew him. I know in my heart that right now he is in Heaven with his parents wishing we would all move on, laugh, and have fun until we meet him there.



1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss. Unexpected deaths are more difficult to take. My thoughts are with your family :(

    ReplyDelete