Monday, October 4, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Two weekends ago we went to an apple orchard/pumpkin patch in Praire du Chein while my parents were here to visit. Jackson has become obsessed with apples since the visit and so have I! Jackson carries around an apple after his nap and munches on it until dinner time (he still only gets about 1/3 of the way through the apple).

I love making things with the apples we purchased. Although, I find it time consuming (and my feet swell) when I have to stand and core/peel/slice or dice the apples, so I haven't made as much as I would like. But I want to get a peck of apples to make some more desserts and apple sauce before Apple season is done! I made this really easy applesause... super easy and fast. core/peel/slice 8 apples, 3/4 c. brown sugar, 1/2 c. water, 1 Teaspoon cinnamon. Mix all together in crockpot and cook on high for 4 hours. Smash with potatoe masher and serve warm (or cold). It's wonderful!!! I also made an apple crisp for Andy, because he loves apple crisp. I have to make it again for him, because we had company when we made it and he didn't get to have any leftovers. Here are some pictures of our trip. :)

Crunch, crunch...
The Moores



No comments:

Post a Comment