Friday, January 28, 2011

Gift Wreath

For Christmas, I got my Sister-in-law a too small jacket- of course I lost the reciept and couldn't return it.  So... I promised to make up for it, I decided to make her a couple of things.  First I made her a tie scarf and sent it in the mail.  Then I made her a wreath.  A yarn wreath to be exact.  It's beautiful (if I do say so myself).  I love the yarn.  It's super easy to make and I think she liked it!


I used a straw wreath from Hobby Lobby.  I then wrapped it in batting (stuff you use for quilts).  I then wrapped it over and over with the yarn(from Michael's).  I took 1 yard peices of yarn and glued them onto the wreath.  The balls are small styrofoam balls (from Dollar Tree) wrapped in cream yarn.  It's attached with some ribbon.  Took me less than an hour.  It's so soft, I couldn't stop myself cuddling it....

No comments:

Post a Comment