Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Baskets

Out there in "blogland" there are a ton of cute ideas for Easter.  I have wanted to make a few things for the boys' baskets.  So I just picked a couple of things.

They both got a hand sewn chocolate bunny.  I used felt and filled it with the plastic Easter Grass so it would crinkle for Maxwell.  I found it out there on a blog, I can't remember where (if it's you, please let me know so I can give you credit!).



I also made Maxwell some eggs and chicks.  I found it on this awesome blog Modern Parents, Messy Kids.  So cute and easy!



Then I made a Goldfish "carrot", I found this idea on The Moody Fashionista.


I made these sensory bottles for the boys and our nieces.  All it is, is a water bottle (I used the small pint sized bottles) with the label off.  Then I put some Easter confetti from Hobby Lobby, a little glitter, water, and a few drops of Glycerin (this is found in the baking aisle at craft stores by the food coloring- I looked for a long time to find this stuff).  The Glycerin helps keep the stuff moving in the water.



These were not in their Easter Baskets, but I also made "My Peeps" shirts for my boys and my friends' girls.  It was so fun!  I got the idea from Crap I've Made, but instead of making fabric appliques, I cut out the patterns on my silhouette and I used fabric paint.  I thought they turned out super cute! 




I also made these Easter decorations.  I meant to get out more, but really didn't want to make any more mess. I got more mess out, I wanted to put some more eggs on the mantel and just got more of the decorations out. :)  I made the little egg plants from plant sticks from Dollar Tree and  planters are from Pamida, the grass is from Hobby Lobby.   I made the banner from here.  I will change it to Happy Spring, so I can use it longer.  The crosses are from Hobby Lobby and I just used ribbon out of my stash.



No comments:

Post a Comment